A Sustainable Future
The resort practices responsible sourcing with regards to local ingredients and utilises local suppliers where possible. The business aims to empower and grow the local community. This commitment encourages economic growth and ensures a self-sustaining future market.
- As part of Meeru’s CSR, the resort and employees actively drive blood donations, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- Meeru participated in the Care Society fundraising in 2017.
- As part of the resorts educational drive to empower graduates to make informed decisions around their careers, the resort conducts familiarisation tours.
- Environmental efforts include an onsite bottling plant that filters and bottles water into reusable glass bottles.
- Meeru actively partakes in Earth Hour annually.
- The resorts coral garden project was formed to enhance the live coral within the Meeru lagoon; the project aims to increase environmental awareness and rejuvenate the island’s corals bleached by global warming. The resort offers a coral nursery guided tour which aims to educate guests and staff about the types of corals, fishes and marine life around the resort.
- Meeru has achieved the internationally recognised Travelife for Hotels & Accommodations Gold Certification. Travelife, the sustainable tourism certification scheme, has assessed Meeru’s performance in responsibly managing its socio – economic and environmental impacts.